Why DSLR photography will matter once again.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake64
Contributing MemberPosts: 615Gear list
Like?
Why DSLR photography will matter once again.
10 months ago

I have done four shoots in the last year and three of them were of couples who just wanted nice, quality photos of themselves to have and keep. The other one was an engagement.

The three of the couples, and I jest you not, told me how they only had phone pictures of each other and selfies. When I gave them their photos, they were astounded at the quality of the image and one of the guys asked how I "blurred out the background". It's all such common sense to dpreview members who spend time arguing over things that may seem important to every single living soul on this planet but the truth is, the younger generations who are ever constantly snapping pictures on thier phones don't know a good photo of themselves until they see one. There might come a time when people realize that there is a very fine difference between snapping a quick shot of something interesting with your phone and having a photographer take your photo with a DLSR that isolates you as the primary subject of interest.

Jake64's gear list:Jake64's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow