Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpammann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,141Gear list
Like?
Christmas in DC, sleepy fox and sunrise eagles
9 months ago

While in DC we checked out the Congressional Christmas Tree where I took the obligatory shot with my K3+FA31ltd hand-held:

But I'm more interested in wildlife than architecture and landscape, so I checked out ebird to see if there were any Snowy Owls in the area. Nothing seemed promising but I did notice reports of a Bald Eagle in East Potomac park. When I went there Thursday morning I found the eagle, but it was very overcast so there was very little contrast between the eagle's white head and the cloudy background. However, as I was taking some shots, I noticed movement in the golf course and saw a sleepy-looking fox engaged in some morning stretching. I shot these with my K3+DA*300 hand-held using TAv, AF-S.

He didn't seem bothered by my presence.

I resumed shooting the eagle who was in a nearby tree overlooking the golf course, but shooting conditions continued to be poor. I went back at sunrise the next morning with clear skies in hopes of finding the eagle again. I found the eagle in the same tree and this time I added my 1.7AFA to get closer shots.

Continued in next reply...

LPA

lpammann's gear list:lpammann's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow