Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobby Handal
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,097Gear list
Like?
Series 1 : it is so liberating
7 months ago

it is a shame that nikon does not market this system correctly, ultra fast, ultra accurate, precise focus (no hunting compared to others), and the CX format crop is so incredible for nature photography. Being able to "convert" a 300mm into a 810mm is incredible, not having to buy a $17,000 ultra telephoto lens.

Treat it as a teleconverter in your existing system.

In my camera bag, there is two cameras, the D800 and the V2, what a combo this is. I have the D7100 but that pair, the D800 and the V2 are just great together, don't know how to explain.

The "cropped focal length" the series 1 provide is just incredible, my 400mm or 500mm become a fantastic reach, those barely visible birds are on your face !!

Fan boy? perhaps, although I use other systems also (for joy and pleasure and because I can afford it).

Here is a perfect example of focal length, these birds where only specs, I mean they where really high up on a tree, super backlit , but I was able to capture them, these are straight out the camera .

They are not great photos by no means, just showing the capability of reach of this system.

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +47 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow