Olympus 24mm f2.8 tilt landscape demo

Started Dec 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,606Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 24mm f2.8 tilt landscape demo
In reply to docmaas, Dec 28, 2013

Hi doc,

Thanks.  I'm an old MF and LF user, and just love these things for landscape photography - every camera without movements has something missing.......  Along with size and weight, I think these T&S adapters are one of THE reasons to go mirror-less.  As you've commented, even a very small amount of tilt will allow fantastic corrections to the plane of focus.  It can give you far more all-over sharpness (if that's what you want) than investing in more expensive glass.

Can I ask which tilting adapter you used?  And on which camera?  A7 or NEX?   There are essentially two sorts of adapter on the market - the Mirex/Kipon type with curved dovetails which centre the rotation back at the sensor, and the Pixco and un-named copies which pivot in the middle of the adapter.  I'm wondering which worked so well with the OM 24mm?

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow