Olympus 24mm f2.8 tilt landscape demo

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 24mm f2.8 tilt landscape demo
In reply to docmaas, 9 months ago

Hi doc,

Thanks.  I'm an old MF and LF user, and just love these things for landscape photography - every camera without movements has something missing.......  Along with size and weight, I think these T&S adapters are one of THE reasons to go mirror-less.  As you've commented, even a very small amount of tilt will allow fantastic corrections to the plane of focus.  It can give you far more all-over sharpness (if that's what you want) than investing in more expensive glass.

Can I ask which tilting adapter you used?  And on which camera?  A7 or NEX?   There are essentially two sorts of adapter on the market - the Mirex/Kipon type with curved dovetails which centre the rotation back at the sensor, and the Pixco and un-named copies which pivot in the middle of the adapter.  I'm wondering which worked so well with the OM 24mm?

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow