Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timj351
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?
Photo books make a big impression
4 months ago

This Christmas I put together some photo books and gave them out to the family members that went on our summer vacation to Toronto. I had a pretty good idea that it would be a hit but the appreciation was even more than I expected. I have shown my mom a couple of books in the past but she was having trouble getting her head around this one. To her it just looked too professional especially coming from me with my low income. I had a good time trying to explain some of the new technology and resources we have today with online products. What we can now do today is really pretty amazing and these photo books are a great low-cost way to share actual photos with our friends and family. Most people are so used to seeing images only on screens but if you share a photo book or large print with them they still appreciate the magic of it.

I'm sure there are many online stores that offer nice photo books but the one I used is Mixbook. I was able to accomplish what I needed with their tools and their prices are hard to beat. You can spend quite a bit and get higher quality books but for my family and the average person, anything better would probably be wasted on them.

It's nice seeing that images in a printed form are still special to a lot of people.

-Tim

Timj351's gear list:Timj351's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow