5D Mark III Set Button Malfunctioning/Double Pressing?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brand New
Regular MemberPosts: 205
Like?
5D Mark III Set Button Malfunctioning/Double Pressing?
7 months ago

First day on vacation and my 5DmIII acts up for the first time.  Going through the menu system, if I hit the Set button, the menu item selected flashes very briefly and then immediately shows a photo I took.  It happens on all menu items.  I tried everything...taking out the battery/date battery, removing the lens, removing the memory cards...nothing helps.  I blew some air around the button, in hopes that something was lodged in there, but there's nothing there, and it doesn't feel like it's getting stuck.  I tried very lightly pressing the button, and also pressing and holding it for a bit, but the same issue happens.  Finally, I realized that I could select menu items and choose settings by using the center joystick button, but I'm so used to the Set button, that it will get frustrating.  Anyone have any ideas, or is this something only Canon can fix?

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow