Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
j4jamal
Contributing MemberPosts: 832Gear list
Like?
SD14+50mm F2.8 vs XE1+Kit Lens thought
4 months ago

This is not a comparison, this is just a thought about what i think of both cameras.

I'm a long time Sigma/Foveon Fan , still using the SD14 & SD15 plus a few lenses for a special occasions or take it out once in a while in a good weather day or use it with off camera flash.

The XE1 with kit lens 18-55 F2.8-4 and 35mm 1.4 are with me every day now since this camera are light and has very good high ISO "where sigma are not so good".

The Xe1 pictures are NO Flash with kit lens.

SD14 are with off camera flash ISO 50.

Both cameras has a totally different look and characteristic to it.

Thought The sd14 files i can zoom in 100% and i still can see so much details, hair, skin.....compare to the Xe1.

The XE1 files are so much easier to work with. JPEG are excellent.

The Xe1 also an excellent camera for night and day, anytime.  Beautiful design and small and light enough to take it everywhere you want.

Black and white i do prefer SIGMA over Fujifilm any day.

They both has their pros and cons.  i just wish one day Sigma make camera that i can shoot like fuji.

excuse my english.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thongphotography/

j4jamal's gear list:j4jamal's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sigma SD15 Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +9 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow