Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David A. Hamments
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127Gear list
Like?
Nikon 300mm f4 with and without TC-14E
4 months ago

For those interested in this lens alone, or with the teleconvertor (1.4X), here are a few photos taken over the last few days.  I posted these on the Nikon 1 System Talk forum as well, as I used the Nikon V2 with its 2.7x crop factor to get close to these small, fidgety birds.   The first two images were captured with the bare 300mm and the last two with the 1.4x teleconvertor added. Other posters have stated that the TC-14E causes no image degradation when compared with the bare lens and I must say I have to agree.  What are your thoughts?

Hand held - Bare Nikon 300mm F4 AFS on Nikon V2  (effective 810mm on FF)

The next two are taken the following day with the TC-14E attached to the Nikon 300mm f4...

Hand held with Nikon 300mm f4 AFS + Nikon TC-14E

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hand hold the combination with an effective 1134mm reach, especially without VR on this lens, so perhaps there is a little camera shake that might have been eliminated by using a monopod.

Cheers, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

David A. Hamments's gear list:David A. Hamments's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +15 more
Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow