Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PnwIke
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
old film shooter's first digi - LX7
9 months ago

Just in case anyone was waffling on the LX7's smaller sensor, I wanted to leave a quick note of adoration for my new DMC-LX7.   I'm a film holdout shooting on an old Canon Elan 7 SLR and a fully manual Minolta SR-1, both with primes.   The LX7 is my first digital camera and was chosen as a good pocket-able camera with a fast lens.  Wow am I impressed!  Burst shooting at the dog park.   a nice range of quick scene modes.  fantastic macro snaps.   This camera is an impressive piece of engineering for the current price.   The fussy controls of Sony's RX100 was a non-starter for me.  The LX7 feels very natural when shooting in shutter or aperture priority.  after maybe 10 or 15 snaps I got the hang of quickly adjusting exposure, or quickly jumping to a bracketed shot.  Good controls and a quick lens make this an amazing compact.  As others have noted before, the colors did seem a little dull at first.  I bumped the saturation up a notch and it seemed to correct this issue. look forward to posting a few snaps in other threads over the coming months.

cheers

Ike

PnwIke's gear list:PnwIke's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow