Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
DooSPX
New MemberPosts: 4
14-54MkII vs 12-60 SWD
8 months ago

I just purchased a mint E-3, Coming from a E-420, then a E-520 and now the E-3 I have to say the AF is noticeably faster even with the old 40-150 MkI 3.5-4.5 and 14-42 kit. Also, the noise at higher ISO is MUCH better as well. It certainly is quite heavy compared to the others, but not as bad as a friends Pro series Nikon.

I am considering a new lens as well, between the 14-54 MkII and the 12-60 SWD. I know the SWD has the fastest AF in good light, but I am more interested in medium to somewhat low light AF and performance between the two. My thought would be, even without the SWD AF motor, the 14-54 MkII might have the same AF speed and better performance in general because of the faster Apt as the focal length increases.

Anyone used these two lenses in these conditions back to back and have a real world opinion?

Thank you very much!

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow