U1 and U2

Started Dec 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
EYeye
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Re: U1 and U2
In reply to Dennis12345, Dec 27, 2013

I use U1 as my "people who do not know cameras" setting. Most settings are same as my "normal" selection, but shutter both 1/2 press to focus/select exposure & shoot (usually I have set the AE-AL button for focus) and I use the full 39 focus points (usually I use single or D-9). Auto Flash is enabled and Auto ISO (limited to 100-3200). Camera selects aperture and shutter speed.

U2 is my "sunset" setting. My WB is skewed to emphasize red, orange, yellow. Auto ISO limited to 100-2000 to make sure noise is not present in the blues and greens. AF-C, release, S. Aperture f5.6 (I usually shoot on a tripod). Remote shutter release, mirror up/ timed to 2 seconds (for additional insurance against camera shake). Don't have camera with me at present, but I have some other settings aimed for this type of shot.

I am pleased to have these "banks". I have not done so, but I read that there is a way to "save" these to an SD card, and in effect have more than just 2 banks, but you'd have to "re-save" each time you want to use a particular bank.

EYeye's gear list:EYeye's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon D80 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow