Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
areichow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,383Gear list
Like?
A few recent night shots with SEL16F28 + VCL-ECU1
9 months ago

I had an opportunity to do a bit of night photography this last Monday (12/23/2013) in Jay Cooke State Park in northeastern Minnesota. The night was cold, hovering around 0 °F (-18 °C). Since my partner and I both had some time off close to Christmas, we thought it'd be fun for us and the kids to stay in a cabin at the State Park and do a little snowshoeing the next day.

It was pretty cloudy when I started out at 10 PM and was almost completely clear by 11:30 when I called it a night. I would have stayed up longer, but with the moon rising around 11:30 and two young kids it didn't seem prudent.

This is the first time I've had a chance to do much night work with this lens - I biffed my last opportunity on my October backpacking trip. It's far from perfect, but given the size and weight I continue to be very happy with it.

C&C welcome. These aren't much more than snapshots, so go easy on me. I'm pretty happy with the first two.

The Road into Jay Cooke

The stars above our cabin

The St. Louis River lit by the distant glow of Duluth

The St. Louis River lit by the distant glow of Duluth

areichow's gear list:areichow's gear list
Canon PowerShot S200 Canon PowerShot SD1000 Nikon Coolpix P300 Sony RX100 NEX5R
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow