ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lapetude
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
bayonet mounts
7 months ago

hi,

I know very little about photography. I am not fluent in the use a professional camera, but can point and click. I am using cameras borrowed because they have a mount system that connects to a telescope. All I want to do is take pictures with a telescope.

I have a T2 adapter for an Olympus e500 I borrowed. I have an adapter to go from T2 mount to a telescope. However I just realised this camera does not do live view before taking pictures. Big problem when trying to focus a telescope and change lens (of telescope).

So I borrowed a Sony Nex 3 ( which has a live view). On visual inspection the bayonet mount is identical. But the T2 mount will not go on the Sony Nex3. It's out by maybe 0.5- 1mm it seems.

The McGyver in me thinks if I sand the rim of the T2 mount I can get the T2 mount to lock into the Sony.

The realist in me thinks this is a bad idea....

(..one does not simplyuse an Oympus mount on a Sony..)

I need to take photos of the sky for a project and really can't afford to wait a 2 weeks for an adapter for the Sony to come.

It's clear the Sony E mount is not the same as Olympus e500 mount.

Is a Sony Alpha bayonet the same as an Oympus e500 bayonet?

Why ,for the love of all things holy, would camera companies not standardise their bayonet mounts?

Anyone try this before, any advice? (except for patience...)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-500 / EVOLT E-500 Pentax Optio E50 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow