Flat view
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,736Gear list
Like?
My Da 20-40mm Ltd is here :) (1st test)
11 months ago

Well it finally was delivered to my door this morning

Took for ever to be shipped!

With this zoom my zoom kit is completed (more on that later).

First impression is very positive, feels good in the hand, the focusing ring is stiffer that i thought it would be but nothing wrong, no zoom creep will happen for sure !

I like the fact that the lens cap fits over the lens hood, nice touch.

Took some test shots around my house on my k-01, photos with sharpening were done in PS (amount: 90, radius 1) all in RAW, tripod.

at 20mm f/11 with no PP

At 20mm f/11 with sharpening

At 20mm f/11 no PP

20mm at f/2.8 with sharpening, coeners are soft WO at 20mm

Corners are soft at 20mm WO.

At 30mm at f/11 sharpening

at 20mm at f/11 sharpening

Put my 25mm Extension tube to try it at Macro distances, above at 40mm, below some crops:

At 40mm at f/16 with sharpening.

At 40mm at f/11 with sharpening

At 40mm at f/11 no sharpening and no PP

Well looks good, it's soft W/O at 20mm but personally i don't care since i will definitely not use it at this setting. I will use it mostly for landscape at apertures from f/8-16 where it performs really well. It was probably designed like that, a lens for the outdoor photographer (WR) that will stop down the apertures for landscape. At f/2.8 the corners will probably not have important things there anyway.

Now, tomorrow morning i will try to get out and take real shots in the field.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow