ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timothy S Broadley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,362
Like?
A99 RAW file sizes when importing into LR
7 months ago

OK

This is probably a question I should know the answer to but there you are! I apologize in advance if I'm am wasting your time but I'm somewhat befuddled.

So I just returned from a trip and imported my files into LR 5.3. I shot 99% RAW. So I then starting the process of selecting the keepers.

All of a sudden I noticed that LR was sizing the a99 RAW images as about 3936 by 2624. Now I am aware that Sony compresses the images but I guess I expected LR to expand the image to 6000 x 4000. Apparently not so.

So I went into PS CC and ACR and same thing except I changed it so that the image was resized to 6000 x 4000.

I checked the camera settings and RAW was selected and Image quality quite correctly was grayed out as expected.

Now I know I can export to the desired size in LR but since I typically edit in PS CC, I wanted to edit a 6000 x 4000 image as opposed to resizing in PS.

I know I am missing something but what is it? Why does LR not open to a 24 MP files when going into the develop module. I don't recall having this issue with my a900.

Thanks for the help or insight

Tim

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow