Amazon Xmas a day early

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Press Correspondent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,342Gear list
Like?
Re: Amazon Xmas a day early
In reply to Rick Knepper, 10 months ago

Rick Knepper wrote:

I do not find the D800's AF inferior in any way.

5D3 AF has a smaller standard deviation with lenses made starting the second half of 2010. See the LensRentals study. This is why I no longer buy older lenses.

Other pluses for Canon are superior skin tones and radio flash. For Nikon it used to be DR and resolution, but now  the D800e sensor is also available on Sony. No system is perfect. Nikon is better for landscapes, Canon is better for people, but Canon does landscapes fine too and thus wins as more universal.

The reason I returned my D800 was the unusable LiveView. To me the best use of D800 would be with MF lenses like Zeiss Distagon 21mm for landscapes. This would require a good implementation of LV that D800 does not have. Now with the same sensor available on Sony, Nikon is no longer an option for me as a second system in addition to Canon.

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow