ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rickmessina
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Advice on lens options
11 months ago

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here in this forum. I learned on canon film cameras years ago and have recently "come home" again with the 6D. My wife and I have recently purchased two of them for a growing wedding photography business. We love the camera, it's just the right size and the output is great. I am on the fence about which lens combo would be best. I realize a lot of that is subjective and I'm not looking for others to make up my mind but rather user feedback. Currently we have the 24-105 (with the holiday specials it was too good of a price to pass up on), the 50L, 85 1.8 and we have the sony RX1 for 35mm. I was considering instead of the 50/85 combo to go with the 85L instead. I can still return the 50L and would sell the 85. Given the fact the sony is so small and has such an excellent lens/sensor we would prob stick with that, but I have gone back and forth on selling it for the 35L for its 1.4. I guess my biggest question is how much better is the 85L vs 50L? Any other more experienced wedding photographers that could share their set up and why? Is the 85 too limiting vs the 50? I do like the 50 very much but feel that images from the 85 have more pop to them. Also has anyone here used bothy the sony rx1 and 35L? Any user experience would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance to everyone. For an Idea of how we like to shoot here is my site.
www.rickmessina.com.

Sincerely,

rickmessina's gear list:rickmessina's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow