Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,092
Like?
A77 3200 files to Dropbox?
8 months ago

After a lot of searching, Googling, review reading, and writing to people in another A-mount thread, I need to ask a huge favor of someone - certainly will understand if I get no takers on this, and even if I get burned a little for asking:

Could someone leave a few (2, 3, or 4) full sized RAW files at ISO 1600 and 3200,  from A77 or A65, in Dropbox, where I can download and save them to disc, and process them myself?

===>I "only" need files at ISO 1600 and 3200, and it's essential that the subjects require retention of some degree of detail - dog or cat fur, human hair, etc.<===

Yes, there are plenty of RAW images out there, but very few are actually downloadable, only 3-4 are at the higher ISOs I'm curious about, and none of the high ISO ones require much detail retention.

However - The 2 or 3 A77 RAW ISO 1600 and 3200 files I've been able to download and process myself, make me think the A77 would work nicely for what I'm doing, despite its reputation for being very noisy at the ISOs in question.

Back story - I'm thinking seriously about upgrading my APS-C camera body, from Canon to Sony. That decision is not made yet. If I resize and process the images myself, the features of the A77 look like they'd do what I want - "prosumer or enthusiast" level sports photography at ISOs 1600 and occasionally 3200.

My current larger APS-C body is a Canon 50D. For about 6-7 months I've been using a NEX 6 which is wonderful, but focus speed is unsatisfactory even with the LAEA2 and A mount lenses. I have the 1680Z and the 18135 lenses, both of which I like, in addition to a few E mount primes. I will definitely keep the NEX 6, along with whatever APS-C body I end up with, Sony or Canon.

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Canon EOS 50D Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow