Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,137
Like?
RAW files and focus speed
9 months ago

Canon 50D user, thinking seriously about upgrading. Focus acquisition speed and (2) ability to get relatively clean images which can show fine detail from ISO 1600 and 3200 after downsizing and processing are critical. Purpose is photographing dogs at play and in agility competition.

I'll be grateful for any comments on those things (focus, high ISO) regarding the 70D, 700D, and 650D.

Also, any thoughts about feature depth of those cameras. They all seem to have the features I need. I don't need "creative filters" etc, but a reasonable burst speed and burst depth (at least 5-7 fps for at least 1-2 sec in RAW).

Finally - here's the big one -  if anyone is willing to do me a huge favor and leave in Dropbox a few (2, 3, or 4) full image files at ISO 3200 - of subjects like pets or humans in which fine detail is important - that would be a huge help. Yes, there are many RAW files out there, but I don't find any which are downloadable and/or any which require retention of fine detail. I need to process the images myself to see how they'd work for me after downsizing in CS6 (many reasons for this, and will be glad to explain, but don't want to muddy up this post more than I already have).

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow