Started Dec 27, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SeansPics
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Perfect Everyday Carry
Dec 27, 2013

The Canon EOS M was an interesting camera to research.  There are a number of dated articles that talk about it's poor autofocus, and other quirks like no articulating screen, or screen blackout times.  As I read on, and through the forums here and elsewhere, I came to find that for what I was looking for specifically this little camera would do it, and the image quality would be amazing.

In the first 48 hours that I have had this little gem, I have taken a wide variety of snap shots of various things around my home, my nieces and nephew and family.  I have enjoyed the quick, portable shooting that this camera offers.  I have been able to capture what I wanted, in focus and I am quite surprised at the quality of the OOC Jpegs; especially the higher ISO (3200/6400) images.

Yes this camera is not going to be a catch all, do all camera.  It won't be for your BIF shots without some luck, and proper setup.  It's not going to be a super fast sports shooter, it's not going to be that camera you tuck up to your eye and look through an eye piece/viewfinder.  This camera is going to be a camera that produces super high image quality images in an ultra portable package.  It will be an easy to use camera due to it's amazing touch screen functions, it will be that camera you will want to take every where, it will be:

The Perfect Everyday Carry Camera.

Christmas Ornament from the Canon EOS M (OOC Jpeg) with a bit of sharpening from LR 5.2

-- hide signature --

"The race is never to the swift but to those who keep on running"
-Unknown

SeansPics's gear list:SeansPics's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +7 more
SeansPics's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
mediocre
Action / sports
weak
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow