E-PL5 records only black frames

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
gazonk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,070Gear list
Like?
Re: E-PL5 records only black frames
In reply to Guy Parsons, 9 months ago

Thanks everyone for the helpful answers!

Guy Parsons wrote:

Take the lens off and look in the front while shooting a few shots, check that the shutter mechanism does its usual dance of open for live view, closes at shutter press, opens for the exposure then closes for a while to unload the image then opens finally for live view again.

I've had a look already and it seems to work, but I'll try later today with a slow shutter speed to be sure.

If you can see an image on the LCD while in live view then the sensor itself is OK.

Regards...... Guy

Thanks, yes we see an image. I think I'll also try with a third SD card just to be sure, since they're usually the weakest part of the equation - but I fear something in the electronics is broken.

Do you know if there is a way to do a full reset of the camera beyond what the menu reset can do? We tried taking out the battery, but maybe not for long enough?

-- hide signature --

Espen

gazonk's gear list:gazonk's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow