Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,885
Like?
Used A7R for Wedding!
8 months ago

As a guest I was asked to take some photos for the bride and groom, and there was no official photographer.

Here is the outcome.

Overall I  was pleased with the "results" very nice rendition and sharp images with pleasing colour etc.

I used kit lens for some group shots outside with fill in flash, and the EA4 with 50mm f1.4 for bride and groom.

I wouldn't want to use the A7R as a camera for professional wedding use as it's slow to lock focus in low light with the 50mm f1.4 and EA4. Ok. I know you loose a little with the adaptor but, I would have expected the focus to be better. It was taking 2-3 seconds to lock on and by that time the people were loosing (smile patience) and sometimes had to take the shot again! The shutter was very loud in the registry office, much louder than I expected I guess it echoed around the room, now it appeared louder because of the total silence and the fact that I knew others were looking at me when the shutter cluncked.

Focusing outside was in the main ok but it did take OOF images so I knew to take 2-3 shots each time, it takes images even if not in focus ( you may be able to set it not to).

Overall the images were technically outstanding but if you are used to using a DSLR it's a bit slower and it takes a bit of getting used to. It's a great hobbiest camera and ok I guess as a back up but I could never recommend as a camera for serious professional work, yes the IQ is right up there but its not a tool for every day pro work. but then again it's not made for that.

I can't upload images as it's a friends wedding so I am respecting their privacy.

Cheers

Ian

Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow