Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
RnF
RnF
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: SoLuTioN
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, 8 months ago

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

(Well, I read through the thread and did not see what I would do in this situation).

SoLuTioN = RAW+JPEG.

The Jpeg gets the conversion. The RAW does not. Since there is so much less actual pixel data, you won't need the full resolution JPEG anyway; so this should work for anyone's needs including prints.

Conversely, if there is any editing program out there from Sony then it should have the scene effects available in that program. For instance, Nikon users can use Nikon's Editing Program called Capture NX; and with that you can choose any Nikon camera's scene settings with a RAW photograph.

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Not at home to verify this, but I think if you use RAW in anyway, it disables Picture Effects/HDR. Pretty sure I already tried this.  Hope I am wrong though.

I know there are filters/apps out there that can get this sort of thing applied post. How ever, Sony's water color effect specifically is pretty unique and cool and I haven't found any filter that will give me that look.

I wish Sony would actually include those picture effects in their software so we could apply them to images after we have taken them. As of right now, that isn't possible.

RnF's gear list:RnF's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow