You've been a great friend, but it's time to go

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
traveler_101
Contributing MemberPosts: 617Gear list
Like?
This makes for a great story line
In reply to FrankParis, 9 months ago

FrankParis wrote:

I did exactly the same thing you did, only 18 months ago. Sold my Nikon D2x and 16 lenses and used the proceeds to get into M4/3, initially with the Olympus E-M5, and when they became available in October, the E-M1 and the 12-40mm. I have absolutely no regrets and only look forward. Actually, although a long time Nikon fan (1967 - 2008), I never think about those days anymore. I'm completely involved with my E-M1, and I'm having more fun than I ever did during my Nikon SLR days, even though I took millions of pictures with my Nikon systems over the decades.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

1967-2008: This is the kind of story Nikon will pay to suppress. Forty years with their product and no regrets about dumping them. Dumping Nikon is more than dropping a brand, it is dropping a legend that has become a burden: introduced in 1959 "Nikon's F-series SLRs were the most widely used small-format cameras among professional photographers" for thirty years. They've lived on that reputation, but the legend became a burden when they started producing these rather unimaginative DSLR monsters. Maybe we are finally at the beginning of the end of their dominance.

traveler_101's gear list:traveler_101's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow