Thinking to get the D7100, need a few tips before i drop the cash.

Started Dec 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
holyindian
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Thinking to get the D7100, need a few tips before i drop the cash.
Dec 26, 2013

Hey fellas,

I have been eyeing for the Nikon D7100 for a few months now.. and this is going to be my first DSLR.. i know many would feel its an overkill for a newbie like me, but i have been working my way through smaller point and shoot cameras such as the S95 and have started taking decent pictures using manual mode. I would like to take the plunge and get a little bit more exposed to advanced photography if not expert. Well, if that happens i would be a happy camper.

So here is my situation, i am based in Chicago, and winter is showing its colors in full mood, hence not much outdoorsy events or plans, currently the pictures will be limited to family events, mainly indoorsy and portrait mode learning.. hence i am willing to get the lens suited for this. I plan two to three good lenses in my first year with the DSLR, but thats going to be a gradual purchase, hence the first lenses i plan is mainly for portrait, or indoor photography that can help me learn my way into dslr based photography for the first few months. What lenses should i choose for this?

Ideally what do you guru's suggests  or do the advice you give to someone who wants to get into the DSRL world for the first time, and still can use the lense time to time as he moves ahead in advance stages?

This post could be a recipe to flame a newbie like me, but i know what i am getting into, and ready for this change.

holyindian's gear list:holyindian's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +2 more
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow