Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,807Gear list
Like?
Df vs. D800 ISO 12800 RAW CROPS
8 months ago

Again, even though the Df is winning on noise, I give a TON of props to my D800 which is doing very well at 36 MP.

Still, the Df images at high ISO are just awesome.

Resized (otherwise the D800 looks pretty bad) Crops with sharpness and NR set to ZERO before I converted them.

These are unmolested, but I tried in vain to get the D800 to record colors properly and unless I set a WB with a card, it just won't, even at lower ISO. The Df is simply doing a better job and I also shot some people pics where I can show this later on.

Now some folks here have drunk a LOT of koolaid with websites and gurus. Meanwhile, some highly experienced shooters here in Manhattan have been telling me for over a year that the D4 sensor is better in more ways than just high ISO noise. I'm starting to see that. My D800 skin tones are often an issue in mixed lighting, while the Df has proven itself right away...

Pardon my shallow DOF as I had the new Tamron 90 VC macro mounted. Focus is only on left eye. This is deadly accurate color, skin and eyes are spot on and I have sharpness/NR set to zero. ISO 8000

Anyway....For Bruce' sake I'm going to get some writing done. I have a deadline coming up.

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CFLsNew
Yes,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow