Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PGdee
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Canon 7D + 70-300mm DO + Kenko Teleplus PRO 300 DGX 2x AF Teleconverter
7 months ago

This is my first posting so I hope I am asking the question in the correct form.  I apologize if I'm wrong.  I recently sold my Canon 100-400mm L series lens as it was getting way to heavy for me to handle as I get older, though I hate to admit it.  I'd still like to be able to get closer shots than I am getting with my 70-300mm lens.  I was considering the Kenko I mentioned above.  I know I'm not going to get anything like the 100-400 but it was just too much lens for me to handle.  I'm wondering if purchasing the teleconverter is really a waste of money with this type of lens.  I know I will lose stops and perhaps even the auto focus. What do you folks think?  Thanks very much.

PGdee's gear list:PGdee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow