Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KKhan
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Fast low light autofocus camera?
8 months ago

I am looking to buy a camera for mostly taking baby and pet pictures. Most of them are done at home under poor light. Sometimes I have only a fraction of a second to catch that Kodak moment. I am not too much worried about image quality (as long as they are focused and sharp) or resolution.

Another thing I need (please dont crucify me for this) is live view on the LCD screen before taking pictures. From reading DP it appears most cameras downgrade their autofocus for the live view. That is goes from phase and contrast to only one of them.

So I am looking for a camera that has a fast low light autofocus esp in the LIVE LCD mode.

I briefly flirted with the idea of buying Sony RX-1R. However most sites bashed it for low light autofocus.

Now I am thinking about Nikon Df.

My budget is upto 5K. Though I would prefer it to keep around 3k or less if possible.

Please advice

Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow