Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Uglystick
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
E-M1 crash course
10 months ago

Favor to ask of the E-M1 "veterans" on the forum...

Monday will see the arrival of a rented E-M1 w/ the 12-40/2.8 (and HLD-7 and MMF-3) to use for a week while I take a trip to Wash DC for a family wedding and some sightseeing (no, I'm thankfully not the wedding photographer).  The rental is a trial run of a camera in which, back in August, I didn't think I'd be interested.  However, given the specs, reviews and accounts of converts, I find myself eager to get my hands on one.  I can't find a camera store anywhere in this area that carries the E-M1 so I'm taking this opportunity to rent it and give it a trial run.

I've read about the near-limitless customizability of the E-M1 but I'd rather not spend the bulk of the week learning just how I want the camera's buttons laid out but rather, you know, taking actual pictures with it.  So I'm asking for a "crash course" in setting up and using the E-M1, if one is needed.  I've used an E-3 for the past 6 years and an E-500 before that so I'm familiar with Oly but this will be my first m4/3.

Any tips or pointers for a successful week-long trial would be most appreciated.  As my brother once said of my rental of a 7-14 lens, this could end up being an expensive rental.

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Cary Talbot
Vicksburg, MS
dpr://galleries/3070654801/photos/855237

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow