Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFreeze
Forum MemberPosts: 92
Like?
Promaster 5550 DX Flash
7 months ago

I have this flash - it is equipped with interchangeable base units to use on different cameras. I have primarily used it for my Canon film cameras (EOS 3 & a cheaper EOS, both have the eye control function). I have the slave base and the Canon base. I want to use it on my K-5; of course, that requires the purchase of the Pentax base - I'm ready to pull the trigger, but this is an older flash and before I do so I thought it best to ask if others have used it on the K-5.

The promaster web site says that it is incompatible with ist D5, DL, K100D, and K10D - of course, this is an older flash and the K-5 and other modern pentax cameras weren't invented when this was written. So then; can anyone share their experiences with this flash unit on Pentax? The base unit is only $55 - I originally bought this flash for the ability to just buy a base unit and use it on other camera brands. Thanks for any help - here's the link if curious; http://www.promaster.com/products.asp?product=7161

Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow