ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoStudent11
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Technical difficulties
Dec 26, 2013

Hey Guys,

Its my first time here, so sorry for the long winded question.

My nikon d5100 fell off my bed and broke. It landed on the lens which jammed the mirror so it would not flip up. I took it too my photo instructor (recommended this site) who didn't know what to do. After a few weeks of searching online and getting opinions I came to to the conclusion that a pin was broken (not entirely sure what that means).

When deciding on whether to send it in to Nikon to fix or just buy a D3200 I decided to put the camera in liveview mode. This did the trick- the lens is now able to move up and down and my camera takes photos. The issue is that now there is a black band on the left side of all my photos. I looked behind the mirror and it looks as if there is a black strap in front of the sensor on the left side.

I am wondering if anyone knows:

A: what this strap thing is

B: how to fix it

C: if not, is it worth sending in to Nikon? or should I try to find a good deal on a D3200.

(I am a poor-ish college student who is going abroad to Denmark in a few weeks for the semester and is already in debt, but I need a camera for classes/travel and am looking for the most cost effective deal)

Thanks for your responses all advice is welcomed!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow