Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,213Gear list
Like?
6D vs. 5DIII just curious
7 months ago

I've been lurking for a bit. I already have a competent OMD-EM1 setup with lenses and flash. However it would be nice to have a full framer around. I had Nikon's since the D200 and followed that up with D300 and D700 and a bunch of good glass. Before those however I had a D30, 1D and 20D and good glass. I just happened upon some disks that had tons of files from when I had the Canon's. I'm not sure if it was nostalgia or what but man they sure looked sweet. So it got me thinkin'. Do most of you feel the difference between the 6D and 5DMkIII is HUGE or not so significant as to consider bothering spending the additional  grand+ for. The kit prices now are getting pretty tempting I must say. I've see $2048 for the 6D/24-105 combo and $3299 for the MkIII/24-105 combo. Just curious what your opinions are. I'm well aware the 6D might have a pinch better high ISO and the MkIII superior autofocus and build etc. What say you all?

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS-1D Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow