Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GringoMike
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
EVF - XE1 vs. XE2?
4 months ago

I am about to buy an X-E1 or X-E2. Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to get my hands on either camera in the country in which I am based, so I'll have to order (sight unseen) from the US. I have done extensive research online, which has given me answers to most of my questions--with the exception of one. Hopefully, one of you will be kind enough to give me a bit of information.

Here goes: When using manual focus, will the EVF keep up, or will there be a significant lag time? And, when using manual focus, is there a significant difference in EVF lag time between the X-E1 and X-E2?

I don't shoot sports, but do a good bit of documentary work, so I need something that will keep up when shooting on the fly. I will use AF when necessary, but prefer to focus manually.

At this point, I am leaning toward the X-E1 because I have read about an embedded sensor dust problem with some X-E2s (particularly those sold by Amazon).

Thanks in advance.

Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelevans/

GringoMike's gear list:GringoMike's gear list
Nikon D70
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow