Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Re: Deciding to buy a GX7 over an E-M1
In reply to Ricky JJ, 8 months ago

Ricky JJ wrote:

Hello!

This month I decided it's finally time to upgrade my GH2.
I was set to buy either the GX7 or the E-M1. I spent a few days pouring over reviews, and finally decided to buy the GX7.
This is what made me decide:
Bypassing the super hype for the E-M1, I couldn't find enough differences in IQ and features to justify the price difference. I payed $728 on the GX7 body, while the E-M1 was $1400. With the price difference, I was able to buy a nice lens (The Pana 25mm 1.4) and still have leftover money.

From what I gathered, the image quality and low light performance is pretty much the same. The E-M1 has in body stabilization (which the Gx7 also has, though not as good) and weather sealing, while the GX7 is more compact and does better video (something I value).

Am I wrong? Do you think I made a good decision?? I couldn't find anything that really justifies an almost 700 dollar price difference, and the GX7 still seems like an awesome camera for my needs!

No nothing justifies that difference.

The GX7 is an amazing camera.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow