Is the Df a dud? Friend wants to buy.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
CeleryBeats
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the Df a dud? Friend wants to buy.
In reply to Len_Gee, 8 months ago

I'll answer very honestly! The DF is not a dud.

It is good looking, not as big as people might think, feels really good in the hand and has nice controls.

AF is GOOD. Some people might clame otherwise. My honest view is that AF is capable and fast even in low light. Image quality is great as everyone knows.

Controls feel a bit plasticky and on the cheaper side, imo. Price is very high.

That brings me to my honest conclusion. I would from my deepest honest heart recommend the Fuji X100S to your friend for the type of shooting she'll be doing.

Why? Because it is almost 1/3 of the price, is more/very compact, has a great EVF that can be very usefull in many situations, amazing lens and has amazing image quality even compared to the DF/D4. Shooting social means people means needing great skintones and i believe fuji has an edge on any brand here. They are absolutely marvelous at that. AF is adequate, ergonomics great and the same external control flexibility like a DF.

Overall the fuji really is the more flexible and logical camera for what she is looking for imo.

CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Sony RX100 II Pentax K-5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow