Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,068Gear list
Like?
Df Christmas!
Dec 25, 2013

Yay!

So far....

1) HATE the power switch-no mini lever

2) AF is excellent. I have not been able to trip it up in any situation where the D800 could lock.

3) Tried 4 lenses and NONE needed AF tune! I have not had a Nikon camera that nailed focus right out of the box before.

4) Dials are just as nice as when I first used it.

5) My Df with Nikon E series 1.8 AIS lens mounted is STILL smaller than my D800 with NO lens or grip!

6) Not in love with the SD card in the base

7) Front dial could be a LITTLE less stiff

8) IQ at high ISO is better than my D800, PERIOD and they come right out of the camera needing NOTHING. Smaller files is also nice.

9) Live View is SUPERIOR on DF. Side by side at same mag, the D800 makes jaggies out of lines, while the Df keeps them correct. Not sure what the issue is, but the Df LV is easier to work with.

10) Kit lens is......the same as my 50mm 1.8G I already own, unless you count the fact that the kit lens version needed no AF tune to work correctly, nor did my 70-200 VRII or Tamron 90 VC.

Obviously I'll have much more to report after shooting today and tomorrow, but thus far this is the best day 1 camera experience I've had since my D300. Both D700 and D800 bodies needed af tune and D800 QC was horrific for me, though finally resolved.

Df with 50mm 1.8E AIS, a lens that cost me 37 bucks off KEH! Only time for snaps for now...

Shot with Df and the 37 dollar lens!

And again...

So far...A total pleasure. I'll post some better shots later. Hope everyone is having a nice christmas!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow