Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,732Gear list
Like?
Re: Deciding to buy a GX7 over an E-M1
In reply to JYPfoto, 9 months ago

JYPfoto wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Don't forget one of the most dominating "features" of the GX7 over any other camera on the market, the ability to AF in as low as -4EV. I have searched high and low, the best competition i can find is Pentax with the K3/5II and the Canon 6D, all having -3 ratings. Oddly enough, DPR fails to mention anything about this unless i somehow missed it in their review. One would think the best low light AF on the market might garner a mention?

It's a nice feature, but one has to wonder, if you're going to AF in a low light situation like that and it goes down to -4EV, wouldn't that result in a shot that's high ISO, like ISO6400 since the light is that low?

Do not forget that this is a situation of "I got the shot" against "I missed the shot". ISO consideration comes only when you got the shot.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow