Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edform
Regular MemberPosts: 272Gear list
Like?
Direct Comparison RX10 to R1
4 months ago

I asked my brother to bring his R1 with him on his Christmas visit and we are lucky enough to have bright sunlight this morning, so here are two pairs of direct comparison images - his R1, my RX10.

In all four pictures the lenses were set to 100mm and aperture matched to the maximum the R1 can achieve at this focal length - f4.8 for the R1 and the nearest available click-stop of f5.0 for the RX10

The first pair show seed heads of an agapanthus plant outside my back door. They have both been loaded into DxO Optics Pro 9 and saved with my default settings...

Sony DSC-RX10 - Agapanthus

Sony DSC-R1 - Agapanthus

The second pair show the corner of my garage in bright winter sun. Again both have been loaded into DxO Optics Pro 9 and saved with my default settings but in this case both pictures have also had the horizon corrected...

Sony DSC-RX10 - Garage

Sony DSC-R1 - Garage

I think the RX10 is a definite winner here. Later today I'll post a pair of indoor still-life shots for comparison at high ISO settings.

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +1 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow