Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David28
Senior MemberPosts: 2,813
Like?
Christmas Day in Oz
10 months ago

It was a hot (and lazy kind of) day in Melbourne; especially after Christmas lunch. A few images to share to thaw out them icy conditions for you folks up north. Do post those snowy images - please!!

The first three are from the beach at Sandringham, a suburb by the Bay (from the Zeiss 18 f4 and M240), All my colour shots displayed an obvious magenta cast at the edges. So I cropped them or converted them into monochrome. The problem must show up in certain lighting as I have not seen it as bad as what I got today.

On the other hand, the M9P and 28 summicron has been a delight; a lens I have rediscovered (thank you Gianluca) and rescued from the back of the cupboards. It is sharp as and renders beautifully whether coupled with the CCD or CMOS equipped cameras.

Merry Christmas to you all from downunder

David

Sandringham Beach step access to the shore

Band rotunda along Sandringham Beach

It was really too warm for the beach

The next three are of Paterson railway station, a suburban stop depicting a rare sight - no one about (from the Zeiss 18 f4 and M240)

Paterson railway station is nicely spruced up from a community effort by the local schools = there was no one about on Christmas Day

Under the railway bridge - Christmas Day

Two men

The last three are from home first thing Christmas morning (from the 28 cron and M9P)

We are expecting our own special delivery in a few months ...... stork as opposed to reindeer

Dad ..... has Santa been?

C'mon mum ......... get up and open the presents

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow