Please help me choose: 6D body only, lens kit or keep my money ?

Started Dec 25, 2013 | Polls thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,529Gear list
Like?
The 6D is the beginner level camera in the FF product line.
In reply to JLGW, Dec 25, 2013

I wish I had your choices in 2003 when first considering a better camera than the compacts I was using at the time. The FF option at that time was priced stupid at $8k but I too had made the decision that for my type of photography, a FF camera was needed. The cropper Digital Rebel was announced in Aug of 2003 and released in Sept. 2003 at a price point I could swallow as an interim camera until Canon released an affordable FF. The better croppers were $500 more.

I would consider the 6D the beginner level camera of the FF line. It is not a direct correlation to the cameras available in 2003, but does reflect a step or two up as to how a beginner camera is defined, the price you are paying if inflation adjusted for 2003 in US dollars will cost less than a beginner level crop of 2003.

I voted for the 6D/24-105 option but if your math is correct and the 6D/24-70/4 is only $130 more, that's a harder choice than I first thought when I voted because the 24-70/4 is more than $130 better than the 24-105.

I own the 6D as a 2nd camera to my 5D3.

JLGW wrote:

- keeping my money because spending so much at my level is overkill

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow