Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Mirrorless Crusader
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Re: But I don't want one.
In reply to Richard, 4 months ago

Richard wrote:

Mirrorless Crusader wrote:

DPR has spoken and after just three months of existence the Olympus E-M5 is owned by 546 and wanted by 372 users, a combined total of 918 which is greater than any other camera. The only two cameras which come close are the fixed-lens Fuji X100S and the Nikon D7100. The Fuji is an excellent camera for a slightly different purpose but the Nikon's numbers are heavily misleading. It is the only camera owned by more DPR respondents than the E-M1 but that is because it has been in existence for 10 months compared to just three for the E-M1, and also Nikon pays Ashton Kutcher an ungodly amount of money to market the hell out of those cameras soon-to-be-obsolete cameras. And even after all this time the camera is still less popular, by measure of owned+wanted, than the E-M1, made by Olympus who spends virtually nothing on advertising in the U.S. and has earned every bit of its stellar reputation from creating higher quality products than the competition. So although DPR copped out the camera of the year award by dividing it into categories, I think it's fairly safe to call the Olympus E-M1 the undisputed CAMERA OF THE YEAR for 2013, the second year in a row that Olympus has won and the second year in a row that Canikon has been shut out. If all goes well in 2014 the E-M6 should make it three years in a row. LONG LIVE MIRRORLESS!

You would think with so many wanting owning these cameras, that they would surpass DSLR sales, unfortunately mirrorless is still in decline even with the introduction of the Sony FF mirrorless and the E-M5.

All I know is I don't want one. No one I know wants one. None of the pros I have worked with want one. That means more to me that a DPR poll. Don't get me wrong, it tells me that the mirrorless people are interested in these but it does not tell us it will change the decline of mirrorless in the US. If it does good maybe sales will start making a tiny dent in DSLR and phone sales.

The only reason DSLRs sell more is because Canikon spends milllions and millions of dollars on advertising and marketing, and they make a so-called "pro" product line which causes all the amateurs to want the same brand gear as the pros. Anyone who doesn't think that if the E-M1 and m43 were Canon or Nikon branded,it would obsolete the DSLR, is delusional. The E-M1 is far superior to any crop sensor DSLR at everything.

Mirrorless Crusader's gear list:Mirrorless Crusader's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow