Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Colin Franks
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
New convert - Help me choose two lenses
7 months ago

Ok, I've been using a M4/3 camera for the last few years (after upgrading from a super-zoom), and am now seriously close to pulling the trigger on a new 6D. (Feel free to applaud & cheer in a warm welcome to the club).

I had my own particular journey with lenses for the M4/3, and came to the point where mostly all I needed were the 20mm/1.7 (40mm equiv. with the 2x crop factor), and 35-100/2.8 (beauty lens).  So in my purchase of a 6D, I'd like to know what would be the best two lenses which roughly parallel those two. (bang-for-the-buck kind of best).

I was shocked when I saw the 50mm/1.2 at $1570.00 - ouch!  So maybe there's another lens similar, or a Tamron or something?  I just have no idea, and I'd like clarity on my choice for two lenses so that I can combine them with the body purchase and maybe get a better price.
*I do general shooting; not video; not much sports/action.

BTW: Any insights to killer deals on this camera (& lenses?).  I'm in Canada.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas

Colin Franks's gear list:Colin Franks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +16 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow