D800 firmware bug?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,828
Like?
Logic, not a bug
In reply to ah001, 11 months ago

ah001 wrote:

Hello, I am having the following problem with D800...I set my D800 to take raw photo only using "qual" button on top, and, in the shooting menu, I have option to record nef on cf card, and jpg on sd card selected. When I take a photo, my camera records nef files on both cards. The only way I can avoid this behavior is if I set option that sd card is used for overflow and jpg.

Also, if I set it to overflow, and top lcd can read, for example, "raw + basic" but I don't get jpg written to sd card...nothing is written. The only way I can get jpg is if I make sure that top lcd and shooting menu are synched.

Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

You have conflicting settings, so the camera has to pick which option to choose. You are telling it to put a JPEG on the SD card, and at the same time telling it not to take a JPEG.

That leaves the camera to decide which of the two remaining options to use—SD card as backup or overflow. It decided to use it as backup. If you don't want a backup copy on the SD card, set it for overflow.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow