Amazon Xmas a day early

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,926Gear list
Like?
Re: Amazon Xmas a day early
In reply to barkingghost, 9 months ago

barkingghost wrote:

Ordered it early morning yesterday, paid the $16 2-Day delivery and it just arrived! Canon 5D MkIII. Charging battery (no charge on it). Like a newbie, I should have ordered some additional memory cards. Such an amateur.

I did step out to Bad Buy yesterday to get the 40/f2.8 pancake for testing. I'll need to get comfortable with this camera, and the Canon experience as I've been in Nikon since the 80's.

The Canon experience. Well...you'll find some differences with the Nikon experience, that's for sure.

I own several cameras including the 5D3 and D800E which I usually mount with lenses of different FLs to limit lens changes in the field (among other reasons). Almost every time I handle one or the other brand, I am reminded of the differences in how a function is executed by each brand. I would say, on the small stuff, Nikon nudges out Canon for the more photographer friendly implementations. Canon beats Nikon handily for Live View and rear LCD visibility.

On the major stuff, AF & fps vs resolution, neither company has both though I do not find the D800's AF inferior in any way.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow