Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,494Gear list
Like?
Re: Hard to say
In reply to joger, 7 months ago

joger wrote:

t.c. marino wrote:

no matter how you slice it,dice it,distort and down play it..d800 will outresolve any current canon dslr at this point in time,that is a fact.5d3 is an excellent camera and is the better all around camera in my opinion.if you need the best resolution and detail and dr from a 35mm based sensor it's avail. from nikon and sony at 36mp..you already know this

I hate to admit but I have to. You're fully right.

Personally DR is more important than resolution to me as I only print very occasionally to 20x30", and I don't believe overcropping. I can accept high resolution camera of course as storage is cheap and 4K monitor may becomes affordable in next 3 years.

Except that some lenses are badly missing at Nikon - and the 300 f/2.8 II plus TC III is sharper on the 5D II vs the equivalent combination on the D800E - tested really a lot to convince me to switch to the D800E and finally the lenses made my decision crystal clear for Canon still but the A7R brings further options for my lenses

Joger, waiting to hear your experiences and photos of A7R with 17mm TS-E

off topic: Ordered a Mac Pro and a rMBP last week and still no 5D III or D800E - both don't fit my wish list!

Wow, that's very impressive with 32GB memory. For still photos it's somewhat wasted but very helpful in gaming, video and animation. I bought a 21" iMac with 16GB memory recently, in addition to 13.3" MBPr (with Dell U2713H at home) bought earlier. Now I have replaced Windows PCs at home with MAC.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
don't feed trolls - ignore them

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow