D800 and Newest Generation Tamron VC lens incompatibility warning!!!!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
3sgilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,036Gear list
Like?
D800 and Newest Generation Tamron VC lens incompatibility warning!!!!
7 months ago

I would just like to take a minute to warn people that the D800 and the newest gen Tamron lenses will NOT work together to store separate AF fine tune settings. I have the 24-70mm 2.8 VC and just got the 70-200 2.8 VC in ( and the 17-50mm VC on the way for my 7100 ). When you set a AF fine tune for one the camera reads them both as the same lens. For instance the 24-70 needs -15 and the 70-200 needs +10 but the camera cannot differentiate the lenses from each other so which ever lens you have on when you first set the AFFT amount will be applied to the other...The work around you ask? Send the body/lens in to be calibrated together, then im assuming they wont be right on my 7100 ( cannot confirm yet as its still in transit but I will ). SO basically there IS no work around. I just wanted to warn others who may be looking at using Tamrons latest designs, I seen the Sigma alerts but none for the Tamron ( wish I had ). Ive used Tamron on my Canon 7D and Sony a700/a77 and never had an issue like this. I really like the contrast ( although lack of sharpness is apparent when compared to Zeiss, Canon L, and Nikkor G wide open) and price point of the tamron lenses. I have been waiting on the 150-600mm since it was rumored but I guess I have to change Camera or Lens systems...Sigma has compatibility issues with NIKON as well which seem to be well documented ( and Sigma's acceptance to rechip which I have actually had done ) but not the Tamron issue. From my preliminary research there is no recourse from Tamron on the issue....

Merry Christmas everyone....

-- hide signature --

Shawn

3sgilbert's gear list:3sgilbert's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow