Regarding print size and the measure of a picture...

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
charley5
Contributing MemberPosts: 979
Like?
Regarding print size and the measure of a picture...
9 months ago

Hi Everyone:

I am about to buy an Epson 3880. But I am really new to printing on my own. I am also interested in printing on Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper. I really love the artistic quality of this paper. However, I recently sent some of my Sigma images to a lab to see what they would look like at 12x18. I didn't like the lack of sharpness, partly because the images were macros and the low depth of field made most of the image look a tad blurry. However, I am thinking that perhaps at a smaller size 10x15 or even 8x12 these images will look quite grand.

People might feel differently, but I really feel that prints are the measure of an image. While judging their quality on a screen might be a good first step, unless they print well I will not judge the image to be among my best.

So I am just curious what print sizes people use as their standard, whether it changes with the subject, whether larger prints are necessarily desirable, etc. Since I am new to printing, any thoughts will likely be helpful.

Thanks!

-Charles

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow