D700 Still Worth Buying?

Started Dec 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Tom Nokin
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: You better believe it!
In reply to DigitalPhilosopher, Dec 24, 2013

Well, I beg to disagree. I have used a D200 for five years, got a D700 then and went to D800 recently. There is nothing wrong with Nikons D200/300 and the D700, or the D3/S or X. Still capable cameras, which can be used to take great pictures. However, there is also nothing wrong with Nikons approach to move forward with the D4, D600 D7100 and D800. They are in many many respects very impressive steps into the right direction.There are for example only two reasons not to choose a D800 over a D700. If you really really need more than 4fps! Very few, very rarely do! And D700 is roughly a thousand bucks cheaper.  Also, I can't really follow those folks complaining that there is no successor to D300. Yet!?:) If you don't like the D7100, which is a real bargain, in terms of specs and image quality, you can get a D800 roughly for the price of a D200/300 when these cameras were introduced. The D800 is also a real bargain compared to previous Nikons DSLRs or comparable Canon cameras. If you don't want to upgrade MP, as so many claim:), get a used D700. It does 98% of what a D300 can do in basically the same body. The advantage of DX over FX as well as FX over is vastly overdone anyhow. So why are so many complaining? Of course, you can always complain, that a specific feature is not available in a certain body. But that has always been the case. Lenses are far more important anyhow.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
SureNew
:-)New
SamNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow