Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ekko
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Pixma Pro 10 + new Spyder Elite = still dark prints
10 months ago

I recently bought a Pixma Pro 10, but I was wasting a lot of ink and paper because of course my prints didn't look at all like they were on the screen.  So I took the plunge and bought a Spyder Elite as I want my pictures to look and print right.  I went through the setup process with the Spyder, it recommened I adjust for Gamma 2.2, 6500k, and 120 for brightness.  I hit 120 on the mark where it has you adjust brightness level and then it went through the rest of the steps and built my profile.

This appears to have fixed one problem.  The colors in my printouts seem to be much closer, however my printouts are still much darker than they appear on screen.  If I take an image in lightroom and adjust the exposure from around 0.00 to -0.70 or right around there then my image looks much closer to the printout.  So it seems like my screen is either 3/4 stop too bright or the printer is 3/4 stop too dark.

What is the best way to adjust this?  I know I can drop brightness of my monitor, but I'm worried that will then screw up my colors.  Is there something else I should do?

Sorry if these are beginner questions.  Just when I'm starting to get the hang of the camera and PP software I decide to add printers and calibration to further confuse myself.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow