Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
I now get why 16mp is "Enough for most users"
4 months ago

I'll admit it. I am a gadget nerd. I always want the latest and best stuff even though I usually can't afford it. When I first started getting into this photography thing I was avidly comparing sensor sizes and megapixel counts and dynamic ranges etcetc. Well one problem was that I was never really printing pictures. I guess I didn't have a whole lot that I loved and thought I should be printing, or maybe I though it was too much of a hassle. Well anyways, today I went to Walmart. I was getting some other things but happened to have a thumb drive in my pocket of some pics I had intended to give to some friends.

I printed this picture out in an 8x10, not exactly expecting the best, or not really knowing what to expect. Well, I was blown away. It cost $4.77 which probably isn't the best price in the world, but the quality was stunning. Even the woman who processed the transaction for me looked at the picture and said, wow, that looks really nice.

Now, I know many people need more than this and many people are actually professionals who do this for a living, but boy oh boy, was I taken aback by the IQ when I actually saw it in real life. Nex 6 and 35 1.8 btw. Either way, I hope they are happy.

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow